Matt Rowe – Sunshine Coast Fine Art Wedding Photographer
I started as many wedding photographers do: with an awesome camera (Nikon of course!) and a group of friends who were starting to ‘tie the knot’. Breathing through the nerves of capturing such an important day in the lives of those we love and respect, I realised that beyond the adrenaline was some real satisfaction of sharing the sneaky tear shed, at first sight, the ‘whoop’ of excitement from a zealous bride as ‘husband and wife’ were declared and the frolicking fun of skipping in heals in a pure silk number. After one of the most blessed weddings (yes, Bec and Ryan, that’s you), I decided that this was indeed my path, my future and my creative outlet.
Driven by art and creativity, I find immense pleasure in combining the elements within a frame to create sheer awesome-ness. I began my professional photography ‘life’ as a landscape photographer and this is why you will see the elements of nature featured and considered so clearly in my work.
Working with you to get the best expressions – the laughter as you both produce your “Zoolander”, or the gulping back the tears as you realise the step you’ve just taken together– is one of the true drivers for our photography.
I value and appreciate the absolute fact that you have entrusted me with capturing your day and all the moments you have worked so hard to design as well as those you have dreamed about and are about to actually live through. Part of the pleasure for us is the reassurance that I ‘fit’ well with my couples; I’m are often thanked for our calm, helpful and fun approach to wedding photography. So, for those who have jumped into the Matt Rowe Photography experience (with eyes open or closed – your call!) I thank you. If you’re recently engaged, do come by and have a chat; I look forward to meeting you.
Here are a few things I would like you to know as you consider involving me in your wedding day:
1. I love what I do. Sounds like a cliché, but it isn’t. Wedding photography walks a fine line between professional services and creative ‘put-your-heart-out-there goodness’. At Matt Rowe Photography, there is a lot of passion and emotion behind the images you receive from your wedding day. There are moments where the adrenalin takes over and I feel together we are sculpting art, I wait with bated breath to hear your reactions to your photos and I hold my own memories of each wedding I become part of.
2. You matter. A lot. The relationship between photographer and couple is paramount. Your day, your photos and your trust are what start this ball rolling. I build up speed when I find the spaces of truth in your interactions, tears when it’s all heart-poundingly real and the laughs throughout the day. It is my pleasure to know that the photographic element of your day also becomes one of the fun memories you will reflect on as you grow together throughout the years.
3. I take my time. I do ask that genuine time is allocated for your photos and there is a ‘selfish reason’ and an emotional reason for this. Art takes time: my focus is light and location and then letting it all come together naturally with your interactions. I allow the time to get it right and I know that you haven’t employed my service (and witty company) for ‘happy snaps’. The other reason to take the time out is that, in all honesty, your wedding photography time is one of the few moments in your wedding day when you are together alone (sort of, I have a long lens so take some space). This is the time when you get to breathe and take in each-other and the magnitude of your day. It is also time for laughs and fun, because, once you return to your family and friends, it is time to mingle once again.
4. You may need to complete a series of physical challenges before the day is over. Let’s be serious now, there are some awesome locations and diverse scenery around the place, yet often it requires a little hike, some rock climbing or perhaps the brave trek through the cow paddock. Is it worth it? Yes! I love to provide our couples with unique wedding photos and I realise the creative experience of finding new angles and working with unique personalities to create images that are profoundly you. I also like to get you laughing, therefore, I will endeavour to create some magic for real hilarity!
5. Ipads really bother me. (iPhones, too, if I am going to be really honest!) So many times beautiful potentials are ruined by Aunty Maud’s big red iPad flashing about as you walk down the aisle. I love an ‘unplugged’ ceremony and it’s not just about removing the touch screens from our frames, there is something almost tangible that happens within an ‘unplugged ceremony’. Your guests become keenly present; they are not distracted by the perceived need to record every moment (I have that covered!), but rather their attention is exactly where it should be and their presence as you exchange vows becomes part of the wonderful ritual that is marriage.6. Wedding photography is a passion. I wouldn’t do it if my heart wasn’t in it! Yes, there is so much happening behind the scenes. And, yes, I spend most of the working week at the computer (with caffeine at the ready). For me photographing weddings is a creative outlet.
Contact Matt Rowe Photography now to discuss your Sunshine Coast Wedding Photography – fill in this cool form, or give me a call: 0432 300 403
Want to find out what others think of our Sunshine Coast wedding photography? Some kind words are here.
If you feel the need for a little laugh, head on over to our Confessions of a Wedding Photographer page.
Filed in: Sunshine Coast Fine Art Wedding Photographer, Wedding Photographer Sunshine Coast, Wedding Photography, Matt Rowe Photography
We have many reviews on the web and really appreciate what our Brides and Grooms have to say. If you would like to have your say, please head on over to our Sunshine Coast Wedding Photographers and leave us a testimonial. It means a lot!